We're trying to focus on yesterday's positive omens.
We had a bunch of wonderful family and friends over for a "van-warming/meet-the-van" party. Everyone who came seemed to think that this insane plan of ours was a great idea - either we know a bunch of talented liars or they genuinely meant what they said. Regardless, it felt really good to get such an overwhelming endorsement and a ton of positive energy directed our way.
One guest even found a four-leaf clover on our lawn. I'm framing it and bringing it with us. We might need it.
Yesterday's less-than-positive signs included:
- the spontaneous snapping of the tie holding my beloved decorative plate just as I took it down from the kitchen wall to move it in to the van. Smash.
- the metal support holding the stair rail to the basement breaking off as RW was using it - thankfully, no injuries resulted
- poor B spiking a fever about 2 minutes before people were supposed to start arriving (she was quarantined to her room for a chunk of the day)
- a crazy collection of weather alternating constantly between gale-style winds, rain and high-UV sun
- RW tripping on his way to give a van tour and seriously
sprainingbreaking his anklefoot